Unbound (All Good Things #1) Available on Amazon/Smashwords/Unknown (All Good Things #2) coming soon.

Thursday 13 November 2014

My Boyfriend

I've only been dating flash fiction for about eight months. So far, it's working out well. I like it, and I think it likes me, but you can never be sure, right? New relationships are tough. But flash makes me laugh and forces me to get to the point a hell of a lot quicker than I usually do. So, I think I'm going to stay in this relationship for awhile and see what it has to offer. So far, I really like its friends and that goes a long way. This week's 99 word prompt was to write a serious scene interrupted by something absurd. Head on over to Carrot Ranch Communications and see what the other Rough Writers have whipped up. 
***

He hunched over on the cold bench, head sagging and elbows heavy on his thighs. “I love you, I do. I just feel like we’re so disconnected.”
Wrapping her arms around her waist, she shivered, feeling the wind bite at the skin of her cheeks, raw with tears.
A shadow fell over them, blocking the sun, and she looked up to see a man dressed in tight black clothes, his face white, beret askew. Eyes wide, the man pantomimed climbing a ladder and being trapped in a prison.
“Fuck off, mime,” they said in unison and smiled, hands reaching.

6 comments:

  1. This is just awesome! I realized I just commented on Google rather than on your blog post. I'm still chuckling! Keep dating flash fiction! You're a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for setting us up Charli. I think you're a talented matchmaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I think flash fiction is keeping a few of us in tow!

    ReplyDelete