Unbound (All Good Things #1) Available on Amazon/Smashwords/Unknown (All Good Things #2) coming soon.

Friday 19 December 2014

Day Three: Bad Habits

It's been a crazy fucking year. Straight up. And if there's been a theme, I'd say this just about sums it up. 


So when I woke up this morning and learned the #FP theme was Bad Habits, I smiled, because I've gotten to know mine pretty well in 2014. And yep, I love each and every one of them.
On the third day of flashing, here is what I wrote:
********

Her bad habit was like a knock knock joke. She knew how it would end.

She chose her distraction with care. Looking for relief from grief. Not knowing her bad habit would take up more space than her sorrow.


Smiling, she counted them, remembering how each had come to be. What they meant. She cherished her bad habits as much as her good ones.

Her bad habits made her unpredictable, wild. For years she tried to tame them, contain them. Until she didn't. She embraced them. 

1 comment:

  1. There's less despair in embracing them than in fighting them.

    ReplyDelete